For Health Providers
You are here
Here are some links to other websites that you may find helpful, both for your own practice and to share with your clients.
Clinical and public health guidelines
- BC Centre for Disease Control – BC guidelines for the diagnosis, clinical management and treatment, and public health follow-up of STIs and HIV.
- BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS – BC therapeutic guidelines for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Canadian guidelines for sexually transmitted infections.
- Provincial Point of Care "Rapid" HIV Testing Program – Point of Care guidelines, testing sites, workshop information and documentation templates.
- Provincial HIV Testing Guidelines – BC guidelines for health care providers.
- HIV in Canada: A primer for service providers – CATIE publication providing an overview of the HIV landscape in Canada.
- Canadian Guidelines on Sexually Transmitted Infections MOBILE APP – Provides up-to-date recommendations for STI screening, diagnosis, management and treatment (including antibiotic resistant gonorrhea). Available for Apple (iOS) and Android devices.
Trends in STI and HIV
- BC Centre for Disease Control – BC annual surveillance report on STIs.
- BC Centre for Disase Control - BC annual surveillance report on HIV.
- Public Health Agency of Canada (STI) – National surveillance reports and publications on STI and Hepatitis C.
- Public Health Agency of Canada (HIV) – National surveillance reports and publications on HIV/AIDS.
Other sexual health resources for your clients
- Options for Sexual Health – BC non-profit provider of sexual health services through clinics, advocacy, education programs and an information and referral phone line.
- Health Initiative for Men – Community-based organizing dedicated to strengthening the health and well-being of gay men.
- Island Sexual Health Society – Vancouver-Island based agency that provides sexual health services.
- SexandU – Canadian sexual health resource provided by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada.