A service provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control

Ask us

You are here

Hi, I'm male. I want to get tested for everything. I fairly recently got tested in Asia while on extended trip because I thought I contracted something. They didn't find anything except that I seem to have a urinary tract infection. Ureaplasma something. I took the prescribed antibiotics as directed but I sometimes feel a slight sensation. I am not sure if I' m just being a hypochondriac or if it is not completely cured. Anyways, I want to get tested again. My question is: do you guys do testing for urinary infections too. Over there they swab and here I'm always asked to pee into cup. I'm hoping to get everything done in one place. Thx


STI screening in BC includes gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing. It does not include testing for a urinary tract infection. If you think you have a urinary tract infection, you will need to see a doctor to check that out.

It can take up to 2 weeks for inflammation from an infection to subside. If it has been two weeks since your treatment, and you still have symptoms, it is definitely a good idea to get checked again.

Be sure to let your doctor know if you are sexually active so that you get the right tests done.

Please leave a comment to let us know if that answers your question or if you need more information.

Health Nurse

For other readers, please feel free to leave a comment, or let us know if this was helpful.

This answer was posted on June 18, 2013

Was this helpful? Please tell us why
Categories: STI Testing
Search more on: STI, testing

Community comments

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments